Dear League Leaders
Council 2011 was well focused as leaders thought through the challenges as they set goals for their state leagues. This exercise served as a springboard for ideas. Change, adapt, add, or delete as necessary for your League. Get your creative juices going!
I keep six honest serving men
(They taught me all I knew)
Their names are What, and Why and When
and How and Where and Who.
-by Rudyard Kipling, “Six Honest Serving Men” from the “Elephant’s Child”
IDEA SPURRING QUESTIONS
- What can help or make contributions?
- Who must I “sell” on this idea?
- Who can help me get additional resources?
- Who will benefit?
- What do I need in the way of additional resources?
- What techniques or methods can I use?
- What is the best way? The first step?
- What will make the idea better?
- Where should I start?
- Where is resistance likely to be found?
- Where should I “plant seeds”?
- When should I introduce the plan?
- When should we implement the ideas?
- When should we revise our strategy?
- Why should they buy this idea?
- Why is this way better?
- Why is the resistance so strong?
- How can we improve the idea?
- How can we “test the waters”?
- How can I persuade centers of influence?